Thursday, September 24, 2009

20 Years to Gain it, 2 Years to Lose It?

I am looking forward to the Oct 11 "Healthy Lifestyles" group get together at church! I am learning so much by doing this in community and not as a "lone wolf"...

My journey is a continued plod forward. Weight loss has been steady and slightly faster than my goal but somehow it still feels soooo slow. I set little five lbs goals for myself and so far it can take anywhere from 15 to 23 days to reach each 5 lb. goal. It helps to know the 15-23 day number so I don't get down on myself when 5 lbs doesn't drop in one week. (I know it isn't good to drop 5 lbs in 1 week... but whoever said that my inner thoughts were logical or healthy... isn't that the real battle?)

I am telling myself that it took almost 20 years to gain the weight. It's ok and even good if it takes 2 years to lose it.

I realize that one of my lifestyle changes is to never skip breakfast. I have been following this faithfully but it wasn't listed in my plan/guidelines... it is now #1 below.

I am starting to more closely monitor my fiber intake but I haven't defined a formal plan for it yet. I am seeing what it takes for me to achieve 100% of the fiber RDA consistently and realistically.

I have built up the courage to put dates on my goals. They are also listed below.

So here are the numbers...

Started June 3 268.0 lbs 39.58 bmi "obese"
Today September 24 232.8 lbs 34.38 bmi

35.2 lbs down!

REVIEW...
1st goal (lose 65lbs) 203 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight"
2nd goal (lose 99lbs) 169 lbs 24.96 bmi "healthy"

Achieve "Overweight" BMI by February 2010
Achieve "Healthy" BMI by December 2010

These are my plans/guidelines...

1. Never Skip Breakfast! (usually yogurt, banana, fiber bar, hard boiled egg)
2. eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies per day
3. continue Curves 3 times per week
4. Water only when out to eat... and more water throughout the day
5. Daily monitoring myself with Fitday.com
5. no eating after 7:00pm (with a few exceptions)

No comments:

Post a Comment