Thursday, March 18, 2010

Speaking Tonight and other important thoughts

My husband, Jeff, is in the hospital.  He had a mass removed from his thigh yesterday and it turned out to be malignant.  We are waiting for results from pathology which will take 5 to 10 days.  Meanwhile Jeff is recovering from the surgery and will hopefully be home tomorrow (Friday) or Saturday.  His treatment will include radiation to the leg area where the mass was removed.  Any other treatment plan will depend on the results of the pathology report and tests which they are running to determine if and where the cancer may have spread.  On the positive side, his surgery went really well and his recovery is progressing faster than expected.  He is up and walking with a cane.  Physical Therapy had him on the stairs and so far his pain is very low.

As you can imagine, with the unexpected diagnoses,  my stress levels are a little higher than usual :)

I am going to fight against the stress and worry and try to continue to take care of myself and "work the plan" in the midst of the battle.

It is time for my monthly update so here goes...

The plan is still working and I continue to make slow steady progress towards my goals.

Tonight I give my testimony and tell my weight loss story to a group of women at a T.O.P.S. meeting.  Janene McDaniels invited me to share months ago and tonight is the scheduled date.  I refuse to let Satan win this battle and silence what God has put on my heart to share!  I have been organizing my thoughts and blogging them.  It is heavy on Jesus and I pray I can be a testimony to His greatness and not my willpower.

Katie has joined me at FitClick in daily updates and food & exercise logging.  I love "meeting" Katie there and hope I am helping her as she is helping me.  It is almost like playing a game as we rack up fitclick "points" and encourage each other's progress :)

I bought a couple new pairs of pants since my last update and also new bras (lol!).  When I went shopping I went to my favorite store, Avenue.  It is a plus store and I have shopped at plus stores and "women's" departments for over 20 years.  Well, I tried on their smallest size, and it was too big!  I had a bittersweet feeling of sadness/joy as I left the store and headed to the misses department of Kohl's.

I purchased a body fat monitor.  It is similar to the one that Curves uses at my monthly weigh and measure.  As I get closer to my weight loss goals I am keeping a close watch on my body fat % (not to be confused with bmi) to make sure that the majority of my weight loss is fat and not lean mass.  When I started at Curves they measured my BF% at 44% - "Poor".  Today it is 32% - "Fair" just a point below "Poor".  "Very Good" for my age would be 22-26%.  This is another long term goal I would like to achieve.

Weight loss status...

Started June 3       268.0 lbs 39.58 bmi "obese"
Today   March 18   185.8 lbs 27.44 bmi "overweight"

82.2 lbs down!
(less than 17 lbs from goal #2)

GOALS REVIEW (updated)...
1st goal (lose 65lbs) 203 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight" ACHIEVED Jan 17, 2010
2nd goal (lose 99lbs) 169 lbs 24.96 bmi "healthy" by July 2010
3rd goal (lose 111 lbs) 157 lbs 23.18 bmi (qualify for the 100 lb Club at Curves)
4th goal (lose 121lbs) 147 lbs 21.71 bmi by Dec 2010

These are my PLANS/GUIDELINES (just some tweaks to the existing list)...

1. Never Skip Breakfast! (well-balanced & trying for 1/3 of my daily calories before noon)
2. take good nutritional supplements every day
3. eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies per day
4. eat at least 25 g of fiber per day
5. continue Curves 3 times per week
6. Water only when out to eat... and minimum of 64 oz water each day
7. Daily monitoring myself with Fitclick.com (maintaining a healthy calorie deficit)
8. no eating after 7:00pm (with a few exceptions)

No comments:

Post a Comment