Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Am Still Here! :)

I have not lost focus on my health journey but clearly I have not made updating this blog a consistent part of my plan! 

Here is what I have been doing...

  • I am active DAILY at FitClick.com.  That is my main tool for food and exercise tracking.  
  • I check in several times a week with a group on Facebook where we hold each other accountable to how much we MOVE everyday 
  • I visit Curves at least 3 times per week.  (I fell short on this in September/October during the kids' marching band season but back on track ever since!)
  • I try to average 10,000 steps per day.  Some days might be at lot less.  Some days might be a lot more.
I have also been trying to add some new changes.  As I have been continuing to understand my complicated relationship with food I am always on the lookout for ways I can improve my habits in really healthy, beneficial ways.  I am asking myself the question "How Clean Can I Eat?"  Here is what I mean...
  • Can I eliminate refined sugars from my diet?
  • Can I eliminate refined grains from my diet?
  • Can I eliminate "bad" oils from my diet? (anything hydrogenated and/or highly processed like Canola)
  • Can I eliminate all forms of MSG from my diet? 
  • Can I eliminate artificial color/flavor from my diet?
The list could go on and on!  As I ponder these questions I know that I need more tools and knowledge!  So my quest has begun and I have been discovering great blogs that have inspired me and given me some new resources to find that I can answer YES to some of the above questions (or at least make great improvements!) 

I want to do a better job of documenting some of what I am learning.  I am not sure how this blog will develop but I am thinking of posting links to other blogs that I find helpful and possibly my attempts at recipes I have discovered.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment