Thursday, October 22, 2009

Adding a Fiber Guideline to my Plan

It was great to connect face to face at our Oct. 11 meeting.  It is good to know we are all in this together.

I keep trying to learn more about health and nutrition.  After the Oct monthly prayer gathering I  spent some time talking with Dr. Phil O.  He shared a little about acid vs. alkaline foods.  This led me to look into it on my own.  This link is a basic intro to the topic: http://nh1.ccone.com/
I have so much to learn!

On the fiber front... after some analysis I discovered that with planning I can achieve healthy fiber intake every day so I have added a fiber guideline to my plan.  I am trying to get at least 25 g of fiber per day.  This is a fun guideline because I am finding yummy foods that are good fiber sources.

Weight loss progress continues...

Started June 3 268.0 lbs 39.58 bmi "obese"
Today October 22 223.8 lbs 33.05 bmi

44.2 lbs down!

REVIEW...
1st goal (lose 65lbs) 203 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight" by Feb 2010
2nd goal (lose 99lbs) 169 lbs 24.96 bmi "healthy" by Dec 2010

These are my plans/guidelines...

1. Never Skip Breakfast! (usually yogurt, banana, fiber bar, hard boiled egg)
2. eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies per day
3. eat at least 25 g of fiber per day
4. continue Curves 3 times per week
5. Water only when out to eat... and more water throughout the day
6. Daily monitoring myself with Fitday.com
7. no eating after 7:00pm (with a few exceptions)

No comments:

Post a Comment