Sunday, January 17, 2010

Goal #1 Acheived- I am officially "Overweight" :)

The holidays are over and I am kinda relieved to not have that continuous temptation.  I experienced weight gain spikes after the New Song Christmas open house, Christmas weekend and New Year's Eve.  Each time I recovered within a few days and achieved a new low weight before the next spike.  So all in all I lost weight during the season AND still really enjoyed the feasting and festivities.

I wanted to share a new product that I love.  I had effectively eliminated all beverages except water from my life.  That is good and I do enjoy my water but I did wish I could have some variety every once and a while.  I discovered SoBe lifewater 0 calories.  It comes in 6 or more flavors, has 0 calories, no artificial sweeteners and has vitamins (plus a little bit of sodium).  It is sweetened with Erythritol and Stevia.  I looked into them and they seem to be safe and natural.  This sweetener combination is sold under the brand names of "PureVia", "Truvia" and "Stevia in the Raw".  If anyone has any info on these sweeteners, I would love to hear about it!

I still try to drink upwards of 64 oz of water everyday.  I treat myself with only one bottle of SoBe lifewater 0 a day.


Exciting news is that I have reached my first goal!   And I have adjusted my remaining goals.


Weight loss status...

Started June 3       268.0 lbs 39.58 bmi "obese"
Today   January 17 203.0 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight"  -- yeah!

65 lbs down!

REVIEW...
1st goal (lose 65lbs) 203 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight" ACHIEVED Jan 17, 2010
2nd goal (lose 99lbs) 169 lbs 24.96 bmi "healthy" by July 2010
3rd goal (lose 121lbs) 147 lbs 21.71 bmi by Dec 2010
147 lbs is smack dab in the middle of my "healthy" or "normal" bmi range.  I don't think I have been that light since Jr. High School.  So, my hesitation in posting this as a goal is partly due to my doubt that I could ever be that light again.  Also, when I have mentioned this a a possible goal, I have had people question whether that is really a healthy weight for me.  I will continue to evaluate what my ultimate goal weight should be, but for now that is what I am working toward.
These are my plans/guidelines (no changes this month)...

1. Never Skip Breakfast! (usually yogurt, banana, fiber bar, hard boiled egg)
2. take good nutritional supplements every day
3. eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies per day
4. eat at least 25 g of fiber per day
5. continue Curves 3 times per week
6. Water only when out to eat... and more water throughout the day
7. Daily monitoring myself with Fitday.com
8. no eating after 7:00pm (with a few exceptions)

No comments:

Post a Comment