Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Switching to FitClick!

I am still on track and really excited about some things I am learning and adjusting.

Stuff I am excited about right now...
{I'll talk your ear off on these subjects if you like :)}

Last month I shared about SoBe Lifewater 0 calories with stevia sweetener.  Still LOVE IT but no more than one per day.  I don't want it to replace my water.  It is just a treat, usually after dinner.

The book The Body Fat Solution by Tom Venuto.  This is a wonderful book that addresses our mental approach and points out how we self-sabotage our efforts and stated goals.  Just about every excuse and justification for not succeeding in a healthy lifestyle is exposed.  I have found this book to be very motivational and it has caused me to re-evaluate what I can really accomplish and question the limitations I always assumed I was under.

FITCLICK.COM !!!!   I have switched my from fitday to fitclick.  I have found it much easier to use that fitday and and the format it uses is actually holding me more accountable.  (I am starting to try to get my protein up and keep my sodium down.  This is very hard for me but fitclick makes it easy to see how I am doing)  We can also set up as friends and really partner more closely in our efforts.  If you check it out, look up my profile and "friend" me.  My screen name is jjswbs2.  If you want help learning the site, I love to sit down with you and show you the ropes :)

I have adjusted my breakfast a little.  I was starting to find the fiber bars to sweet for my taste.  I guess I am detoxing from sugar LOL.  I am really enjoying hot oatmeal instead.  I am using Quaker High-Fiber instant oatmeal right now.  Same calories as the fiber bars but a tad more fiber.  I also brew a bag of Green Tea every morning.  I brew it in a 2 cup mug and add one packet of Stevia in the Raw. (zero calories + antioxidants)  I don't know if hot oatmeal and hot green tea will be my favorites come summer but I am loving it right now.

When I started in June 2009 I was wearing size 22/24.  On Sunday I squeezed myself into a pair of size 14 slacks that Shannon gave me.  Definitely a snug fit but not uncomfortable and better than worrying about my size 18s from Christmas falling down LOL.  Come spring I really have to get some new clothes.  I don't love to shop, but it is a good problem to have :)

Weight loss status...

Started June 3       268.0 lbs 39.58 bmi "obese"
Today   Feb 16      196.0 lbs 28.94 bmi "overweight"

72 lbs down!

GOALS REVIEW...
1st goal (lose 65lbs) 203 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight" ACHIEVED Jan 17, 2010
2nd goal (lose 99lbs) 169 lbs 24.96 bmi "healthy" by July 2010
3rd goal (lose 121lbs) 147 lbs 21.71 bmi by Dec 2010

These are my plans/guidelines (just some tweaks to the existing list)...

1. Never Skip Breakfast! (usually yogurt, banana, high-fiber oatmeal, hard boiled egg)
2. take good nutritional supplements every day
3. eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies per day
4. eat at least 25 g of fiber per day
5. continue Curves 3 times per week
6. Water only when out to eat... and minimum of 64 oz water each day
7. Daily monitoring myself with Fitclick.com
8. no eating after 7:00pm (with a few exceptions)

No comments:

Post a Comment