Thursday, September 23, 2010

September Update - Curves 100 lb Club!

Time for a status update!  Life is a little crazy today because of a violent storm that ripped through my neighborhood yesterday afternoon.  Hundreds of line poles and trees snapped all over town making havoc out of rush hour traffic.  No phones or electricity and, of course, no internet.  (My Thursday morning Samba class at Curves was canceled!)  We still have water and the hot water heater seems to be working.  I can also get the stove to work with a match :)  Some of the power has been restored around town but my street is still out.  Reports say power may be back today... maybe not 'til Sunday.  So I have trekked out of the 'disaster' area to find modern conveniences... like FitClick :)

With fall and the return of my kids to school my daily routines have stabilized and weight loss (which had slowed tremendously over the summer) is getting back on track.  In fact, I reached goal number 4 and now qualify for the "100 Pound Club" at Curves!  WooHoo!

While reviewing my plans/guidelines this month I realized that feeling accountable to someone and having a regular status report is a major element in my success.  I have added this as #12 in my guideline list at the end of the blog.

Stuff I am loving right now...

** Curves Weight Management Group at FitClick... because the CurvesComplete site is going away, lots of Curves ladies have been coming to FitClick.  This new group of active FitClick users has boosted my enthusiasm!  Thanks to all my new friends and fellow 'curvies' for adding a new dimension to my journey!

** JIF Natural Peanut Butter... I had given up peanut butter entirely because of the hydrogenated oils.  My quest to boost my calories from good fat brought me to walnuts as I mentioned in my August update.  Still looking for more options I started looking into natural versions of peanut butter and found mixed reviews online.  On my next grocery trip I read every natural peanut butter label.  Jif Natural uses molasses instead of honey and the label indicated that it doesn't separate or need refrigeration (2 big problems with most natural peanut butters).  I brought it home to try it and absolutely LOVE IT!  My kids love it too... bonus!  It is now my 'X factor' for making sure I get enough fat in my daily diet.  At the end of each day I calculate how many grams it will take to bring my fat number up high enough and then enjoy peanut butter heaven with no guilt :)

** My 'Everything' Salad... almost daily I enjoy this huge salad which has evolved into what some people think is a insane combination of ingredients.  It is balanced, filling and satisfying.  There are 10 ingredients: leaf spinach, tuna (small can), yellow bell peppers, red onions, tomato, black beans (1/4 cup), raisins (1/2 oz), walnuts (1/2 oz), 1 diced small apple & fat free Italian dressing (2T).  I don't get tired of it.  In fact, on days that I don't have it, I miss it and crave it!

WEIGHT LOSS STAUTS...


Started: June 3 2009  268.0 lbs 39.58 bmi "obese" (body fat 44% "poor")
Today: Sept 23 2010  153.6 lbs 22.68 bmi "normal" (body fat 23.0% "very good")

114.4 lbs down!

only 6.6 lbs 'til goal #5 :)


GOALS REVIEW...
1st goal (lose 65lbs) 203 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight" ACHIEVED Jan 17, 2010
2nd goal (lose 99lbs) 169 lbs 24.96 bmi "healthy" ACHIEVED Jun 9, 2010
3rd goal achieve "Very Good/Fit" body fat % (22%-<26%) ACHEIVED Jul 16, 2010
4th goal (lose 111 lbs) 157 lbs 23.18 bmi (Curves 100 lb Club) ACHEIVED Sep 6, 2010

5th goal (lose 121lbs) 147 lbs 21.71 bmi by Dec 2010

6th goal achieve "Excellent" body fat % (<22%)

PLANS/GUIDELINES...

1. Never Skip Breakfast! (well-balanced & trying for 1/3 of my daily calories before noon)
2. take good nutritional supplements every day
3. eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies per day
4. eat at least 25g of fiber per day (try to get above 50g)
5. continue Curves 3 times per week
6. Water only when out to eat... and min of 64 oz water each day... can you get to 128 oz?
7. Daily monitoring myself with FitClick.com
8. Follow Curves Weight Management calorie phases
9. Daily calories are never less than 1200 (except for prayer & fasting days)
10. Spend no more than 7 consecutive days at less than 1500 calories.

11. Limit eating after 7:00pm (or within 3 hrs of bedtime)
12. Be accountable to someone (person or group) and report status monthly

No comments:

Post a Comment