Thursday, August 26, 2010

August Update & Summer Reflections

Summer is almost over... the kids go back to school on Monday... it is bitter-sweet.  We had a great time this summer and part of me doesn't want it to end but I am looking forward to getting back into regular work, eat, exercise routine.  The kids will benefit from a return to the normal routine as well.  Matthew goes to the high-school this year and his year has already started with 2 weeks of band camp under his belt and he has already been in 2 band performances.
The summer has been a real challenge to my eating and will power.  I have lost very little since my last update but at least I have lost.  There were several bounces up on the scale due to the lack of routine in July and August.  12 days on vacation, Christening party, church picnic, Kennywood, Red Robin fries, etc... you get the picture.  After each bounce up, returning to my normal plan allowed me to recover in time for the next bounce.  I am glad to have hit a new low today :)

I am only 3 lbs away from goal #4 below but at the rate I am losing, it might take a while.  I am so close to my goal now that I realize each pound is a major achievement.  Losing 1 lb now is like losing 10 lbs when I first started.

Stuff I am loving right now...
     *  Walnuts... I needed to add more good fat to my diet and I am really enjoying them.  I add 1/2 oz to my daily salad.  It adds a new dimension to the flavors.
     *  Chewable Vitamin C... I was reading about research on vitamin C and prevention of flu, colds, cancer and other ailments... The Vitamin C Fanatics Were Right All Along.  So I went on a search for a good supplement and found Nature Made Chewable Vitamin C at Wal*Mart.  This brand has no artificial sweeteners.  I am going to have the kids take it with me and maybe we can avoid some back-to-school bugs.  I like it chewable because I swallow so many supplements already it is nice to be able to chew these... they are yummy too, sort of a treat to eat :)

Weight loss status...

Started June 3 2009  268.0 lbs 39.58 bmi "obese" (body fat 44% "poor")
Today   August 26 2010  160.2 lbs 23.66 bmi "normal" (body fat 24.9% "very good")

107.8 lbs down!

GOALS REVIEW...
1st goal (lose 65lbs) 203 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight" ACHIEVED Jan 17, 2010
2nd goal (lose 99lbs) 169 lbs 24.96 bmi "healthy" ACHIEVED Jun 9, 2010
3rd goal achieve "Very Good/Fit" body fat % (22%-<26%) ACHEIVED Jul 16, 2010

4th goal (lose 111 lbs) 157 lbs 23.18 bmi (qualify for the 100 lb Club at Curves) by fall 2010

5th goal (lose 121lbs) 147 lbs 21.71 bmi by Dec 2010

6th goal achieve "Excellent" body fat % (<22%)

PLANS/GUIDELINES...

1. Never Skip Breakfast! (well-balanced & trying for 1/3 of my daily calories before noon)
2. take good nutritional supplements every day
3. eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies per day
4. eat at least 25 g of fiber per day
5. continue Curves 3 times per week
6. Water only when out to eat... and minimum of 64 oz water each day... can you get to 128 oz?
7. Daily monitoring myself with FitClick.com
8. Follow Curves Weight Management calorie phases
9. Daily calories are never less than 1200
10. Spend no more than 7 consecutive days at less than 1500 calories.

11. Limit eating after 7:00pm (or within 3 hrs of bedtime)

(This list does not apply when fasting for reasons of a Spiritual nature!)

No comments:

Post a Comment