Yay! I reached another goal since last month's update. My Body Fat % is now in the excellent range. Very cool.
We are planning a trip to see family over Thanksgiving and I know my calories will probably be higher than usual. I have been keeping fiber and water intake very high and I am preparing mentally for the return to "normal" as soon as we get home. Last year my low weight before Thanksgiving was 214.2. Weigh-in Sunday after Thanksgiving was 216.8. By Wednesday after Thanksgiving I hit a new low of 213.6. So, I know that even if/when there is a gain while I'm away, it won't prevent me from reaching my goal by the end of the year. The period of "caloric abundance" may even help! :)
My concerns about being away from my routine is more social than health related. Even when I am not in "restricted calorie" mode, I still like to track my food... mostly out of curiosity and to have the data for analysis later. I know it annoys some people to see my dedication to this. I am trying to figure out the balance between keeping my food diary, body measurement stats and exercise journal while on vacation and not irritating everyone around me. (?)
WEIGHT LOSS STATUS...
Started: June 3, 2009 268.0 lbs 39.58 bmi "obese" (body fat 44% "poor")
Today: Nov 16, 2010 148.2 lbs 21.88 bmi "normal" (body fat 20.9% "excellent")
119.8 lbs down
Only 1.2 lbs 'til goal #6 :)
1st goal: (lose 65lbs) 203 lbs 29.98 bmi "overweight" ACHIEVED Jan 17, 2010
2nd goal: (lose 99lbs) 169 lbs 24.96 bmi "healthy" ACHIEVED Jun 9, 2010
3rd goal: Achieve "Very Good/Fit" body fat % (22%-<26%) ACHIEVED Jul 16, 2010
4th goal: (lose 111 lbs) 157 lbs 23.18 bmi (Curves 100 lb Club) ACHIEVED Sep 6, 2010
5th goal: Achieve "Excellent" body fat % (<22%) ACHIEVED Oct 16, 2010
6th goal: (lose 121 lbs) 147 lbs 21.71 bmi by Dec 2010
7th goal: Achieve "Superior" body fat % (<19%)
8th goal: Join the National Weight Control Registry by Dec 2011
1. Never Skip Breakfast! (well-balanced & trying for 1/3 of my daily calories before noon)
2. take good nutritional supplements every day
3. eat 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies per day or more :)
4. eat at least 25g of fiber per day (try to get above 50g)
5. continue Curves 3 times per week
6. Water Only, when out to eat... and min of 64 oz water each day... can you get to 128 oz?
7. Daily monitoring myself with FitClick.com
8. Follow Curves Weight Management calorie phases (max out phase 3!)
9. Daily calories are never less than 1200 (except for prayer & fasting days)
10. Spend no more than 7 consecutive days at less than 1500 calories.
11. Limit eating after 7:00pm (or within 3 hrs of bedtime)
12. Be accountable to someone (person or group) and report status monthly.